We are looking for established women in the London community to become mentors with our Golden Connection Pal Program.
- Have you faced significant challenges in your life and come out stronger?
- Do other people consider you to be empathic, resilient, and emotionally intelligent?
- Do the people in your life depend on you for support and guidance?
- Do you want to help a single mother find the tools and strength to improve her life?
If any of the above sounds like you, we hope you will consider joining our program!
If you are selected, we will match you with a single mother in the London community. You will meet with your mentee at least twice a month to engage in low or no-cost activities that suit your interests (such as going for a walk, meeting for coffee, etc.). As you get to know one another, you will find ways to teach, support and guide your mentee through the various challenges she is facing. We hope that as your friendship develops, you will find value and inspiration in your own life.
- Commit to meeting with your mentee at least twice a month for six months to a year.
- Complete our screening process (include an application, interview, police check).
- Complete our orientation/training session.
- If you are matched, attend our informal meet-and-greet so you can become acquainted with your mentee.
- Promptly respond to any follow-up communication from S.W.I.M. regarding how your mentorship is going.
You don’t have to be a single mother yourself to help single moms!
If you are interested in participating in our program, please contact us and we will be happy to provide you with more information.